As parents, we know that finding the perfect bunk bed for our children can be a challenging task. Children's bunk beds are a wonderful space-saving solution to provide an extra bed in their rooms. They are also a great option for siblings sharing a room.
Whether you're looking for bunk beds with storage or custom designs, at Muba Bespoke, we're committed to helping you make the right choices and not suffer through the search.
In this article, we offer you 9 essential tips for selecting the ideal bunk bed, turning your children's bedroom into a fun and functional space.
Size and Space:
Before you begin your search for the perfect bunk bed, measure the space available in the room. Consider the size of the bunk bed and make sure there is enough space around it for your children to move around comfortably. Also take into account the ceiling height, especially if you are considering loft bunk beds.
Bunk bed height
- Bunk bed height: 161 cm
- Bunk bed height XL: 191 cm
- Bunk Bed Height With Storage: 191 cm
- Bunk Bed Height With Canopy: 246 cm
Outside Measurement Bunk Bed
- Exterior width and length 10 cm more than the mattress.
- There should be an additional 51cm if ladder with storage is chosen
Consider the height between beds
Our bunk beds are designed for both sleeping and sitting up in bed to listen to stories or relax watching videos. Remember that children will get taller as they get older, so you need enough space to accommodate their needs.
Choose quality over priceBunk bed prices vary widely. The cheapest and most affordable bunk beds tend not to stand the test of time and daily use.
At the same time, you don't have to choose the most expensive one. In general, you should check the materials and construction of the bunk bed.
Bunk beds with storage:
If you need extra space to store clothes, toys or other items, consider a bunk bed with built-in storage options. These clever designs can help keep the room organised.
Choose a colour that matches your décor
There are many colours of bunk beds on the market today. At Muba you can choose your custom design and colour from a variety of 19 premium colours. This way you can make sure you choose a colour that works with the decor of the room and the colours of the space.
Timeless bunk beds instead of themed bunk beds
The problem with themed bunk beds is that they quickly become outdated. Plus, your child may outgrow their chosen theme as their tastes and interests change. Instead, opt for a timeless bunk bed that won't go out of style.
Consider your staircase options.
Most people don't think much about ladders, but there are many different types, and each has its pros and cons:
- Integrated straight ladders: The most common type of bunk bed ladders, they go straight up and down and are attached to the side of the bed. This type of ladder requires no additional floor space, and many bunk beds can be ordered or mounted on whichever side you prefer. It is also often the most affordable option.
- End ladders: Bunk beds with the ladder placed at the short end leave the entire bottom bunk open, which can be especially nice for adults and creates a more minimalist look.
- Angled stairs: Less common than straight stairs, angled stairs stick out from the room. Ideally, they should have an angle of 30 degrees or less. Ideally it should have a safety handrail.
Safety is paramount. If you have a small child it is advisable to have a guard rail on the upper sides to prevent accidental falls. Of course, these should be removable as the child grows.
Comfort and mattresses:
Choose comfortable, quality mattresses that fit the size of the bunk bed. Mattresses are essential to ensure good sleep and comfort.
At Muba Bespoke, we are here to help you find the ideal bunk bed to suit your needs and preferences. Our custom bunk beds offer you the opportunity to create a unique and functional sleeping space for your children.If you are looking for a bunk bed that combines style, comfort and safety, don't hesitate to contact us!